The flooring in your home should be beautiful, durable, and well-suited to each space. When remodeling, you have the freedom to define each room by the flooring you choose. This comes down to aesthetic, traffic, and the uses for the room. Today, there are several popular flooring materials topping the charts for modern homeowners, with a wonderful selection of wood, carpet, tile, and even roll-out flooring depending on your needs and style.
Hardwood and Plank Flooring
Hardwood floor is elegant and extremely popular. Many homeowners are replacing both old carpet and chipped tile in their homes with beautiful wood floors. Of course, the right plank truly matters depending on where you want the floor installed.
Natural Hardwood Floors
- Natural hardwood can last the longest with proper care, but is also the most delicate in terms of moisture and scratches. It will need to be resealed every few years.
Bamboo Board Floors
- Bamboo is a fast-regrowing wood that makes beautiful floors, available in many different shades thanks to woodstain. It is very eco-friendly and more resistant to moisture.
Laminate Plank Wood Floors
- Laminate plank is wood flooring created by layering wood with laminate, making a durable and moisture-resistant floor popular in both luxury and budget settings. It is also the best wood floor for kitchens and bathrooms.
Whole-home carpeting is going out of style, but carpet is still a popular choice for private bedrooms and soft family rooms. There are three types of carpet most often chosen for the home.
- Textured carpet offers the deepest pile, with tiny spirals of twisted yarn creating a soft feel on bare feet and is welcoming for small children who play on the floor.
- Berber carpet is a dense weave that holds up best in high-traffic areas made of uncut, looped yarn. However, it can catch and create runs, especially with pets.
- Pattern carpet is the most luxurious, made with a combination of berber and textured weaving styles. It is a favorite for bedrooms and parlors.
Stone and Tile Flooring
Stone and tile flooring are the natural favorite for foyers and entryways, kitchens, and bathrooms. Anywhere that a mess is likely, stone and tile will hold up the best while offering a cool, elegant look for your home.
Natural Stone Floors
- Natural stone is the most luxurious. Typically sold in tiles or mosaic, no two pieces of natural stone are exactly the same. You can choose from a wide range of stone types and colors, and price will vary depending on the stone you choose.
- Concrete floors are the only way to get a continuous (non-tiled) stone floor. Because concrete is an artificial stone, you can stain it any color you want, paint it, or have patterns imprinted in the surface based on your own vision and creativity.
Ceramic Tile Floors
- Ceramic and porcelain tile flooring is a popular and classic choice with an affordable price range. Ceramic tiles can have any pattern and can also imitate natural stone.
Patterned Roll-Out Flooring
Artificial flooring that comes in rolls is ideal for rooms that you plan to remodel again in the near future. Children's play rooms and garage workshops, for example, make a great place for either linoleum or vinyl flooring.
- Did you know that linoleum is eco-friendly and bio-degradable? Made from linseed oil, limestone powder, jute, and powdered cork, Linoleum has always been more eco-friendly than most realized. It is a roll-out manmade flooring that can have any print you want, including fake hardwood floor, tile, or fun patterns.
The Many Types of Vinyl
- Vinyl is perfectly waterproof, but not as eco-friendly as linoleum. Vinyl flooring comes in artificial planks, tiles, or rolls depending on your needs.
What is the Best Flooring for Your Home Renovation?
If you are renovating your home this year, choosing the right flooring can help to define your space. Durable, beautiful floors that suit the purpose of each room can make your design complete. Contact us today to explore the best flooring options for your vision of a beautiful new home design. Edesia Kitchen & Bath Studio would be honored to make your home complete.