The countertops are an essential component of the kitchen. Many homeowners invest a lot of their resources in its design because it's where most of the cooking action happens.
Additionally, the countertop is the centerpiece of your kitchen's décor. It is the component that sets the tone and mood of the space. Therefore, choosing the ideal material for your kitchen countertops is crucial because of its importance in interior decor.
We have compiled a list of the hottest trends in countertop installations in 2022. Have a look:
Quartz Remains the Most Popular
Most interior décor experts state that quartz is still the most popular choice in kitchen countertops. The manufacturers design quartz countertops with more than 90 percent pure quartz material.
The synthetic resin added to the Quartzite enhances its appearance and increases its lifespan. Here are some reasons why you should consider quartz for your countertops:
- The countertops need little or no maintenance. It is not porous, which means it does not absorb dirt, and you do not spend hours cleaning it.
- The tops do not stain, an essential quality in the kitchen environment. You do not have to worry about the tops getting ugly and staining after months of use.
- Quartz does not attract or retain bacteria, which makes it a sanitary choice for the kitchen environment.
- Quartz is studier than other natural countertop materials. It is also flexible enough, so it doesn't easily chip.
Granite is Still Many Homeowner's Alternative
Granite is also a popular natural countertop material. It has been a favorite for many homeowners. It comes in a wide array of colors and gives your kitchen an unmatched natural appeal. Additionally, it has these excellent qualities:
- You get unique countertops because the experts mine granite in sheets. No sheet resembles another.
- You can get a jumbo-size granite slab for kitchen islands and other large installations. It gives your kitchen continuity of design.
- Granite handles wear and tear better than other materials.
- When correctly sealed, it becomes non-porous.
Counter-tops With Character Are Becoming Popular
People have moved away from plain and solid colors and are entertaining countertops with patterns and character. Smooth and silk-like veins add to the style and tone of your kitchen.
This trend has become so popular that people are redesigning tops with particulate designs to create the swirling design. The designers achieve a smooth finish by polishing and honing the countertops for maximum effect.
You Can Go Bold and Dramatic
In 2021 and the years before, homeowners preferred neutral and laid-back colors when investing in kitchen counters.
The trend has changed, and people are getting bolder about their kitchen color schemes. You can choose a deep and popping color like black for your countertops and backsplashes.
Materials like black marble and black granite will help you create this look. Dark countertops make anything whose color is brighter pop when placed against it.
Getting Sustainable Materials
People also care more deeply about the environmental impact of their building and construction choices. They are choosing artificial countertops made of recycled glass and white cement.
The colors range from neutral to bold tones. The material is durable and also very alluring. It ties in with the color scheme of your interiors.
Interior décor trends change with time, and 2022 is all about excellent materials, bold statements, and sustainability. You can contact us at Edesia Kitchen and Bath Studio if you want to remodel your kitchen and haven't decided on the best materials.
We can help you choose to give you unique, efficient, and durable countertops. We can help you to get your kitchen trendy and efficiently fitted with the right countertops within your budget.