Different colors convey different meanings and are perceived differently. They have a significant impact on your emotion, moods, and behavior.
As such, the towels in your bathroom are more than just mere hygiene necessities. You can use them to add a color pop in your bathroom or to make a personality statement.
We have run a brief rundown to help you choose the best color for your bath towel. Let's color coordinate your bathroom like a pro.
Key Considerations for Your Bath Towel Color
It is not only about displaying towels of matching colors and shades; the subtle details make the difference. Have a look at these primary considerations.
- Consider the base colors of your bathroom- Take into account the base color of your bathroom and choose a towel shade that complements it. For instance, if your bath is predominantly white, choose a splash of colors to create a complete and stylish look.
- Think about the mood- Mood is the feeling fostered by the color scheme of your decorations. Choose a color that reflects the mood you want to create. Remember, this is the first place you visit in the morning, and it should make you feel as vibrant as possible.
- Think beyond the towels- Make sure the color theme of your towel rhymes with the existing bathroom items to continue the harmony in your bathroom.
- Don't go for the extremes- Don't go for dull and plain colors only for your bath towel. Too many plain colors make your bathroom feel boring and lifeless. Try to carefully incorporate a spectrum of colors to give your bathroom a stylish look and a soothing appeal. On the flip side, too many bright colors disorient your bathroom. Moderation is key.
The Appropriate Color for Your Bathroom Towel
1. Choose White Towels for a Minimalistic Look
If you love the appeal of clean lines, white towels are for you. They create the impression of a hotel or spa bathroom, and they match well with any bathroom and existing décor.
White towels do not fade and tend to last longer as opposed to towels with darker colors.
2. Choose Colored Towels for a Bold Style
If your bathroom has a neutral color theme, colored towels are an excellent option to create visual interest. There are so many color shades available, and you don't have to handcuff yourself to only one color. You can:
- Match your towels to shower curtain for a harmonious look. You can also choose a towel color that aesthetically contrasts the other items.
- Buy towels of varying sizes in various shades of the same color to create an ombre effect. i.e., Your smallest towel in the lightest shade and then dampen the shade as your towel size increases.
- Gravitate towards neutral and darker colors if your bathroom is brightly colored.
3. Check Out for Patterned Towels to Add Fun and Whimsy
Patterned bath towels have a great visual appeal and are a seamless way to tie your bathroom's various color shades together. Identify the color tones already present in your bathroom and shop for a towel whose pattern incorporates those color tones.
For instance, if your bathroom floor is tiled, you can reflect the tiles' color in your patterned towels. These towels are an especially good fit for kid's bathrooms.
However, if your existing bathroom items are heavily patterned, the last thing you would want is additional patterns in your bath towels.
4. Embrace Floral Towels for a Feminine Vibe
Floral towels are not only meant for your grandparents' bathroom. They are an ideal way to infuse a country-chic style into your bathroom. Set floral towels against larger plain bathroom linen like shower curtains to create a vintage throwback appeal for your bathroom.
Carefully select floral patterns because they can easily turn out to be visually overwhelming.
Who We Are
We have a proven track record in three decades of expertise, rendering excellent designing solutions in Boston, MA. For more information on how to revamp your kitchen or bathroom, feel free to contact us today, and let us sort your comfort .