The kitchen is the heart of the home. The center of activity which is why you want that space to be warm and inviting.
With white kitchens being "on trend" these days, homeowners might be anxious that the space will feel too cold or modern. No worries — follow these simple tips for an appealing and stylish kitchen.
Kitchen islands are dual purpose. They can double as prep space or provide a spot for a sit-down meal. An island is also the perfect way to make your kitchen feel welcoming. One on-trend design that adds plenty of allure and warmth to the kitchen is the two-tone cabinet idea.
This can include the kitchen island being a darker, or more inviting color than the rest of the cabinets, or either top and bottom cabinets different colors.
These contrasting colors create a perfect aesthetic that will make your space more pleasing.
Adding Natural Wood
- Add natural wood shelving, especially open shelving, to make the room feel lighter and brighter while still being practical.
- Consider a butcher-block countertop. Eco-friendly and great for the home chef, butcher-block helps make the space feel cozy.
- If you're not ready to go all-out natural wood, consider adding accents, like a wood cutting board, or stools for the island.
- An easy way to add the natural wood element to your kitchen design is through flooring. With many colors and choices, there are some great flooring options available that can give that natural wood look while still being easy to maintain and hold up over the years.
- A bright, colorful kitchen rug will not only make the room feel more cheery, but it's functional! If you spend lots of time cooking, a nice, padded rug will make your workspace more comfortable.
- Artwork — Adding artwork can show off your personality and also add a bit of charm and color. Instead of hanging it on the wall, consider showing it off on an open shelf.
- Window treatments can easily become the focal point of the kitchen. Rich, bold designs can draw your eye upwards and make the space feel lighter, brighter, and more inviting.
- Colorful seating — Try swapping out traditional stools for more colorful options. Or add a pop of color to the seat cushions.
- Decor — A room can instantly transform and become more inviting just by adding simple pieces. Colorful dish towels or matching canisters can add a pop of color and make the space feel warmer. Even practical appliances like toasters or coffee makers can become fashionable decor if they're a corresponding accent color.
Easy enough to change, and cheap enough for a quick kitchen refresh, paint color is a simple way to add warmth to any room. Blending warm hues like reds and oranges can tone down cooler aspects of the kitchen.
If your kitchen is more modern looking, consider painting the ceiling a warmer color. Mixing these colors can add layers to your design and make your kitchen feel much cozier.
If you're looking to update your kitchen and make it feel warmer and more inviting, the designers at Edesia Kitchen & Bath Studio, Inc. can help. We have the experience and talent to take your vision and turn it into a reality. Contact us today to go over your ideas and get started on your dream kitchen.